Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who Watches The Empire?

Day 5! I'm a little late, due to actually having work to do at work (go figure).
I got this shirt which, if you've been living under a bridge, combines the Star Wars Imperial Storm Trooper helmet with the Watchmen logo, from Teefury recently. For once I'm not going to talk about my attachment to the subject matter (which I feel I've discussed enough). Instead, I'll discuss an incident of someone who clearly did not get it.

Tanja and I were having breakfast at a local cafe (Martini, on King st. Try the corn fritters with scrambled eggs, bacon and tomato relish). On the way out, the proprietor, a Greek guy about Tanja's age spotted my shirt.

"I like it, mate, I like it. It's the Star Wars guy, combined with the Ecstasy tablet, combined with BAM! a bullet in the head. It's classic and it's brilliant!"

I wasn't sure how to respond, so i just said "Yeah... right. Can I pay now?"

Whut.

No comments: