Monday, March 14, 2011

Scott Pilgrim Character Sheet

As Day 4 finds me going through my desk drawers and finding random things like coaxial cable, bubbles, a Bart Simpson Pez dispenser, and a large amount of notebooks, we continue!



So you've all heard me talk about Scott Pilgrim. I talk about it a lot. The film and the comic. And how I like it. I like it a lot. I will not reiterate all of this, but I will point out one bit from the film that make me crack up on the 5th viewing:
Computer: "You've got mail!"
Scott: "Dude, this thing claims I have mail!"
Wallace: "It's amazing what they can do with technology."
Scott: "Dude, now I'm reading it!"
Wallace: "..."
*I snicker like a little kid*

It's the delivery that I love: completely without irony on Scott's part.

I don't have a picture of my favourite visual gag from the books, which was Wallace telling Scott that he's not to come home that night, just as he steps off the bus... at their home. Scott splutters in outrage, then our eyes stay on Wallace as the bus drives away with an ever-dwindling-Scott calling out such classics as "You suck, surprising no one!", "I had sexual relations with your mother!" and "Your mother was not that good!" until he's a dot yelling into a dot caption.

EDIT: Thanks to Wikiquote, I have the full dialogue:
YOU SUCK, SURPRISING NO-ONE!!!!
If bad was a boot, you'd fit it!!!!
You're a stupid poo-poo head!
I had sexual relations with your mother!!!
Your mother was not that good in bed!

You, sir, are a wicked soul!
I am rubber, you are glue!
...
..
.

No comments: