Sunday, March 13, 2011

Duke of URL.


Day 3! Whoo-kak!

This is an official Tiki Bar TV shirt, from my third purchase from their lovely store. Tiki Bar TV is single-handedly responsible for engendering my interest in tiki cultural, cocktails, and podcasts in general.

Not bad for a little show that I clicked solely due to the thumbnail of a pretty girl and the "Explicit" tag on iTunes.

Yes, I admit it. I may have been expecting racy content when I subscribed. Sue me. I'm male.

Instead I got a wildly irreverent, smart and extremely funny series.

Initially, though, I was just confused. The episode was "Red Handed" which is fairly steeped in what I laughingly call continuity.

I quickly downloaded every episode I could, and set about turning Fridays into Tiki Fridays at work, a practice which happened every Friday for 16 months, and caused much in the way of shenanigans. Yes. It also gave me practice at cocktail making, meaning that I'm now considered to be okay at it. I've heard.

The show is now on hiatus, and has been for a while, but I consider it to be very special.

Bunnies high!

No comments: