Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Food Chain

Day 6.

in which several things occur, our hero learns a lesson, a shoe is lost, and zombie dental hygiene is brought into question.

(Well, not really, I just love old fashioned chapter titles that go on and on and make no sense until after you read the chapter).

Though it's a bit difficult to see (the shirt is thin, and wrinkles easily), this is The Zombie Food Chain, from Threadless.
It is one of those shirts that some people pass with a casual glance and others stop me so they can read the entire thing.

It brings to mind, though, a mental meme that has made the rounds of my office various times since I've worked here, each time instigate by myself. The meme unfolds thusly:

You are trapped in a shopping mall with a horde of zombies. You must choose:
A) What weapon would you wield?
B) What person (real or fictional) would you choose as your companion?
C) What song would be blasting over the PA system?

Every choice must be justified and explained to the last detail.

There have been days where the discussion of this has taken my entire morning. It never fails to cheer me up. If I recall correctly, my first choice, when I was initially introduced to the meme by the Totally Rad Show, were as follows:
Serious choices:
a) The laptop-controlled 14.5mm cannon with depleted uranium rounds from the 1997 "The Jackal" film. (allows for precision targeting from a safe distance, and cyclic rate and penetration make for crowd control)
b) River Tam (specifically the more-awakened-ass-kicking-River from Serenity, rather than cowering-mental-crazy-River from Firefly). (She would be the melee-cased front line, while I provided fire-support. Also, she'd look amazing doing it as Summer Glau does.)
c) "In The Hall of the Mountain King" by Apocalyptica (Epic metal cellos, with built in crescendos and solos to underscore moment of awesome)

Silly choices:
a) A comically large sledgehammer (+2 against Zombies)
b) Chris Farley (human cannonball)
c) "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls (Yeah.)

Go on. Try it yourself. However, I am not responsible for your lack of productivity.

No comments: