Friday, March 11, 2011

Thus begins a new trend, spawned by a few things. The main of which is that the campaign in which I have worked for nearly 5 years, has been given notice to shut down as of April 30th. After an initial period of panic (and small moments of despair over various days), I manage to land a job in another campaign in the same company, but it’s for a bank, hosted in a bank building. Which means business attire: no jeans, collared shirts. This poses a conundrum for me and my 5 drawers of meticulously folded t-shirts are persona non grata in my new workplace. So, in celebration of the myriad torso-coverings I have collected, I will be wearing a different shirt each day until the 27th of March (with no repeats, an easy feat), and matching a blog post to it. Such as today.
The Sesame Six
I bought this shirt from TeeFury.com. I bought it for $10. Bargain.

So anywhoo, i bought it because as part of my long and storied history/love affair with comic books (which is a long and complicated Blog post which I’ve been composing in my head for ages now), I stole an trade-paperback of the first four issues of Fantastic Four. Well, I say stole. I brain-stole it, by seeing it at Marc Remedios’ house, and then sitting down and powering through it in one sitting. Apart from some ZeeRusty elements (like the hypnoray) and some silly Idiot Ball behaviours (OMG guys, she’s the INVISIBLE WOMAN. If you look into her SECURE CELL and she’s NOT THERE, don’t OPEN THE DOOR and GO IN, you FUCKING IDIOTS), it was still the basis of what I consider a one-and-done superhero comic to be. My previous exposure involved two non-consecutive issues of Thor (both part of larger storylines that ended in cliffhangers) and a Free Comic Book Day issue of Batman (which was a huge homage to Detective movies which went straight over my 7-year-old-head), so this seemed to be what I had been missing. It was later that year that I started buying (in multiple sections) The Handbook To The Marvel Universe, reasoning that I couldn’t afford to buy all the comics I wanted, I could at least buy something which lots of information (this was pre-wikipedia). Even then I was an information junkie.

So that’s why I bought the shirt.

1 comment:

Electric Chikken said...

I dig the shirt. Yes, indeedy.