Friday, April 11, 2008

Typing with one hand is hard.

Not what you're thinking, you dirty buggers. I was crossing George St on Thursday and tripped over a bump in the road. When I fell, I landed funny on my right hand, and rolled to my elbow, and knocked my head. My head, knees and left hand were fine. However, the groceries I was carrying and my right wrist took a beating. The next morning it hurt like hell. Tanja suggested I go get it checked out. Turns out I wrenched the ligaments on the ulnar side of my wrist, but no fracture. What that means is that if I turn my wrist 45 degrees to either the left or right, it hurts like hell. Which I learned when attempting to casually reach for my mobile, wallet, or open a door. So now I have to wear a wrapped crepe bandage around my wrist at all time, an ice pack when I can stand one (I've misappropriated a wine cooling sleeve as a makeshift glove, which gives me a Hellboy-style Right Hand of Doom or a Mega-Man-style blaster arm), and as of today, a sling. It's no fun. Can't drum (specific doctorb's orders, as for some reason she knew I was a musician), can't play Playstation, can read (but only if the book's big enough) and can watch movies. Watching the Rifftrax version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and reading Fables and a few issues of Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men.

1 comment:

Taqwa said...

So that's what that mms was about. Your phone takes pics that are too big dammit!