Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day 6: Food Payback

Pizzas ordered: 2
Beers left in fridge: 4
Yesterday (the part of yesterday after what I wrote about lizards and sore feet) was a bit breezy. Lazy morning, involving me running to the local cafe for a piece of gluten free carrot cake and a lemon meringue tart. That was breakfast. Laze around, watch Speaking In Tongues on my iPod, then wander down the beach to town. Went to Fish Heads, which is a beachside fish place, who informed us they only BYO, no service of booze. So I run to a bottle-o and get a Leeuwin Estate Art Series Riesling. What was meant to be a light lunch becomes a big lunch with me having paella and Tanja having seafood spaghetti with piles of things. And the bottle of course. Picked up groceries, had an ice cream, grabbed a six-pack of Peroni and headed back. Tanja then sat down with her laptop and I read the Kevin Smith book I had, and then briefly watched some Batman Beyond and the first half hour of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (a bit meh, that one. I was riled that it mocked Walk The Line so much, seeing as I really liked that movie, but Jack White as Elvis was gold). During that time I drank 2 beers and Tanja had one. We later split another. When dinnertime arrive we ordered a small and a large pizza and ate all but three slices of them with a bottle of Mt. Pleasant Hunter Valley Shiraz.
And Tanja was up half the night with acid reflux and I had crazy dreams. So light food today, if you please. However, there are beers left in the fridge. As Tanja has sworn off the grog till her tummy clears up, I may have to take those for the team.
Also, it hit me yesterday that today (Monday) is our last full day here. We head back Tuesday morning. Whoa. We seemed to have oodles of time and now it seems like we have hardly any.

No comments: