Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day 1: EwokBeachHouseTV

Beach houses rented: 1
Beach houses mentally constructed: 5
Fainting spells nearly had: 1
So. We‘re here in Byron Bay. The place we’re staying at is a friggin’ Ewok tree-house! Go to www.abeachhouseatbyron.com and click on Gazebo. So our first day here was dead hot, with fairly high humidity, which, I was surprised to find out, I was not ready for. Our walk into town to find a Woolworths (roughly a kilometre over beach, then about 10 minutes of wandering the streets) knocked me flat and had my head spinning (wasn’t the walk, damn it! I walk four times that to get to work). Bit of water set me right, though. We had beer and champagne and fancy cheese and salami for dinner and enjoyed the hell out of our views. Tanja is mentally building a dream 4-room beach house for us to live in back in Sydney. The place came with an LCD TV which hooks up nicely with me iPod, so we watched some WineLibraryTV and TikiBar and Diggnation. I think I’ve taken the same 4 or 5 pictures from the balcony 10 or 11 times.

1 comment:

Electric Chikken said...

The balcony probably hates you immensely.