Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day 2, morning: Soft Water, Shopping and Stressing

Storms weathered: 2
I woke up at 6 am without a headache for the first time in 5 days. It’s been raining all morning, but Tanja and I are looking to check out the local farmer’s market to get our fruit re-up. My hair is really big and fluffy (soft water: good for shaving, bad for hair).

Day 2, late afternoon:
Umbrellas carried: 2
Tantrums had: 1
Ok, so no Farmer‘s market. Since it rained until like 2, no go. Instead we went and had coffee and fruit toast at a cafe, and wandered around, umbrella-laden, looking at shops. I went to a music shop and continued my tradition of buying a CD I saw at a local record store while on vacation. While in Melbourne, I bought Johnny Cash’s American IV. This time it was Flogging Molly’s new CD Float. Had pub lunch with James Squire for me and Riesling for Tanja. Snooped around at T-shirts, bought one with Darth Vader making a topiary Death Star. Awesome. Nearly bought one with a high-res moon with the kid-on-bike ET silhouette, but with a Xenomorph head instead of ET. Got some Tzaziki chips, chocolate, grapes, bread, plums, some Pinot Grigio and things. By the time we were finished, the rain had stopped and we walked home via the beach with an Organic Ginger Beer for me and an organic Cranberry and Ginger Nectar for Tanja.
Also, there was another episode of the ”Lucas Sweats the Small Stuff” Show! As people who know me may have noticed, I have a tendency to get frustrated by things. Usually small, stupid things. I get red in the face, I get headaches, short of temper, I get annoyed with people and things around me in an unreasonable way. I hate it. If it’s bad enough, it can nearly ruin a day. This time it was while we were in the grocery store. I was holding Tanja’s big-ass umbrella, a cloth bag with a breadstick in it (which I had already nearly dropped three or four times because the bread is longer than the bag, but the bag is too shallow for the bread to sit comfortably so it keeps tipping out), a little bag with chocolates in it, and... something else, I can’t remember. Oh, the wine. I was walking behind Tanja, who was getting groceries. I would put the end of the umbrella against the ground, which would then slide, causing me to grab it, nearly dropped the bag of chocolates, which would then nearly tip the bread out of the bag, et cetera, et cetera. And I get more and more frustrated, and then Tanja would ask if I was okay, and I’d snap at her and she’d get rightly bothered. I know, I need to chill. 
So yeah. Mellow now. Was able to avoid a headache before it got too bad. Tanja’s Nana-napping on the bed and I’m watching the Digg Reel, Diggnation and Batman Beyond. That’s probably it for today. Remember, apathy is futile, but it does beat doing’ stuff.

1 comment:

Electric Chikken said...

I have no idea what soft water is.

Don't say it's something I should use or I'll egg yer house. With dinosaur eggs.