Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekendaru!

So, my weekend:

Saturday:

Had practice with Ted in the morno. Love my new cowbell and my splash upside down on the crash (for all that hitting the underside of the splash dents it). Makes me much faster on the left side of the kit, for all that it now sounds a bit disco-like. Songs are coming along too. Ted and I are slowly agreeing that we can do a three-song grouping (maybe a medley?) off the White Stripes new album(songs 8, 9, and 10). I enjoy this as it gives me the chance to do my Jack-White-snake-oil-salesman-vocal-impression. Also, I broke my first drumstick ever! I hit the cymbal and the left stick split along the grain and cracked in half. Just about took my eye out. As much of a fun milestone as this is, it was from the good pair of sticks I just bought. Oh well. I borrowed 5 more CDs off of Ted. I need to stop doing that. Listen to the ones you have, Lucas, don’t get more!

Later that evening, I was set to go to Alexandria and take pictures of David as he played, but he called up at the last minute saying he was sick as the proverbial. So free evening. Tanja and I got picked up a few bottles of vino, and settled in to watch movies. First was Thank You For Smoking. Very dark and funny. Highly recommended. At that point we were through a litre of Sauvignon Blanc/Chardonnay blend. Then we started on the Merlot. And a little movie called Blood Diamond. The movie was stopped several times for booze-fuelled argument and discussion. Eventually (with about half a glass left in the 1-litre bottle of Merlot), I had to turn it off. That much senseless violence (and not cool Sin City or Scream violence, before Craig rebuts) I just can’t stomach. Apparently even my hard-bitten Dad took three tries to get through it. Went to bed.

Sunday:

Urgh. Slightly hungover. Fixed with Panadol dissolvable and back rub from Tanja. Hooray! So then we head off to Taronga Zoo with before-mentioned hard-bitten Dad. Had lots of fun, despite Tanja’s lunch noodles being seemingly solid garlic. Took lots of pictures. Once again had the thought that tigers seem to be the big cats who remind me most of small cats. Lions are lions, leopards are leopards, but tigers are big Magrats.

3 comments:

Electric Chikken said...

You can have too much violence? I didn't think there was a limit with you.

dooga said...

Haven't seen Blood Diamond or Thankyou for Smoking, but I have them on my must-watch list. My flatmate saw Blood Diamond not long ago and saids it is really good but hard to watch. I'll have to be in the right frame of mind to get thru it.

Taqwa said...

Definetly sounds like something i'd like..