Friday, August 24, 2007

FUCK!

We bought a 320 Gb external hard drive. Great news, right? We can start storing the 50 gigs or so on music and pictures I have on here on the drive. Well, there was an unforseen hitch.


I dragged the contents of the My Music folder onto the drive.


What I expected to happen was what happened beofre when I'd delete the original of a movie, but left its file name in iTunes: It stays on my iPod, but not on the computer. Well, when I moved the iTunes folder, it didn't just leave empty file names in iTunes, waiting for me to link them to the actual files.


It erased everything out of the library.


I still have all the files, but I have no playlists, no organisation, no nothing. Oh, and those aforementioned movies that I'd deleted from the harddrive? They'll remove themselves the minute I plug my iPod into the computer.
Modern fucking technology, eh?

2 comments:

Taqwa said...

At least you didn't have Koots there hanging over your shoulder.

Electric Chikken said...

I'd preach the evils of iPods and their unnecessary interface known as iTunes, but I think it'd be a bit redundant at this point.

Besides, I think I already did so when you told me this story in person. Heh.