Sunday, August 26, 2007

"iPod, iPod, why hast thou forsaken me?!?"

So my iPod made me late today.

I plugged the 'Pod in last night, knowing it would erase the 12000-odd files I had on there and replace them with about 11984 more. It took most of the night to do the erasing. It started the upload at 8:15 this morning.

I got up, ate my breakfast, watch Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny. Fun times. Dave Grohl played the Devil. Sporadically checked on the 'Pod. Still uploading. I make myself a sandwich for lunch, make the bed, stack the dishwasher, get dressed. Ready to go.

Still uploading.

I work at 11. If I want to walk I need to leave by 10.

10 goes by. Still uploading.

Ok, fine. I can leave at 10:10, catch a bus, and still be to work with time to spare.

10:15. Still uploading.

Ok, it's ok. I can catch a train if I leave at 10:20. That'll still get me there in time to load my systems.

10:25. Still uploading. Shit.

10:30.

10:39. Still uploading.

If I leave now, I can catch a train and JUST get there on time.

So I left.

For the first time in a year and 6 months, I left for work without an iPod of some kind.

I feel naked.

Postscript: Saw "Perfume: Story of a Murderer". The Moral of the story: "If I had only known what sex was, I wouldn't have had to become a creepy fetishist serial killer and distill women into perfumes. Oh, and that the right scent can turn a lynch mob into an orgy. Be told."

No comments: