Saturday, August 09, 2008

So I was in Marrickville Metro getting groceries today.

I decided to stop by Sanity to see how much they were selling the new Grates and Beck CDs. I couldn't find either in the rock/pop section, so I went to the counter and asked. The emo-looking guy looked up Beck first, first looking confused as to who Beck was. He went and got the single copy they had, which was in the back of the store and scanned it to check the price. $29.95. "That's a bit much" says I. "Well," says he, "with stuff like this we only get like 3 copies and it's not worth marking down. It's not like we'd sell a lot of this." Tamping down my anger, I asked after the new Grates CD. "Oh, we have tons of that one." spake the tool, walking up to a huge promotions rack, where the Grates CD was selling for 22.95. "We never have a problem selling that, so it's on special. Isn't that nice?" I paid for the Grates CD and left.

It took me a while to realise why it made me mad. I was High Fidelity'd! For asking for BECK! What the fuck is this world coming to?!?

3 comments:

Taqwa said...

Also, he was emo-lookin' You should have stabbed him in the throat for being so emo. With the Beck CD.

I actually ended up near there friday night. Scarily close to Carlies' place actually (though thankfully it wasn't Carlies').

Electric Chikken said...

Hell, it's a Sanity for crying out loud. If it's being promoted on TV, it'll sell heaps. If it'll sell heaps, Sanity stocks it.

If it isn't, it's sold at a good CD store.

Should have quipped "So that's the price I have to pay for decent music, then" to the shopkeep.

Anonymous said...

We are Bingethinkin!