Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Deadlines

Ok, Telstra said the internet'd be connected after the 24th. Craig checked the order and it says "ON the 24th". Then Tanja got a message saying the 21st. It came on the afternoon of the 23rd. Thank you Telstra. For making us laugh at deadlines. Again.

And when it rains, it pours. I go from having no shirts to do to having near a billion.

Han-r: Needs 4 shirts. All with gothy skull-with-butterfly wings designs in silver on black shirts. Fairly simple. The original deadline was the 25th, but she's agreed to 2 on the 25th and two later. Did those two last night. Need to buy more plastic for stencils before I can do the other two.
X Quabed: The boys needed a bunch of shirts (10 to be precise) but were too poor at the moment to buy the good quality. Meh, I don't blame them, but it makes for tough shirting when their logo is a big yellow oval with the band name on it. The name is easy, but getting a smooth oval of paint of a thin cheap tshirt is tough. It takes two or three coats and a crap-load of waiting. Craig helped me with some of the shit-work, and now all the ovals are done. Now all I have to do is organise with the band to meet up and get my money and their shirts.
Dave: Poor Dave. He asked me for a Cowbell shirt ages ago on my MySpace, but it was a time when I hadn't checked MySpace in a week. Now he's sent me the thumbnail and I've printed the stencil, but then I ran out of stencilling plactic. So he has to wait more. Argh. Poor dude. He'll think I'm stalling.

Plus I've got two and a half blanks for Craig (although he's happy at the moment with his 8 new shirts that he won't miss two more in the short term).

I've taken to wearing a bandanna at work because as my hair grows longer, it becomes more and more of a pain. Usually I'll wear a fedora outside, but I can't wear a headset over it like I do a cap. So on goes the bandanna. My boss has taken to "reminding" me that I have a hanky on my head. Two or three times a day even. Aussie humour at it's finest. Up there with calling someone with red hair "Bluey". Oy.

1 comment:

Electric Chikken said...

The camo-hanky is cool.

'nuff said.

(did I just betray my lack of fashion sense?)