Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Argh. I hate mechanical shenanigans.

So I turn on the TV to watch a Futurama DVD, but there's sounds and no picture. I unplug, replug, and fin-angle the cords, no picture still. I try different cords. Nada. I freak, get the receipt, see that it's only 6 months old, still under warranty. I call the number in the manual, it's wrong. I look up the number in the L-Z phone book, it refers me to the A-K phone book. I call. They tell me to call the store it was bought at. I do. They say bring it in, we'll fix it if we can. I can Tanja, tell her it's busted and that I'll take it in today on my way to work. She sighs, but is not mad. So, I continue making lunch, and try to put a movie on the PS2. No picture, just sound. I call Tanja back, say it's the brand-new TV, not the less-new DVD. As I'm talking, she tells me to turn off the TV and turn it back on again. And I did. And suddenly everything worked. Picture, sound, the whole shebang. damnit. Um, I mean. Great. Yeah. I got worked up for nothing.

I must say, I really enjoying hanging out with those machines. Hey, a suicide booth! So long suckers! (Craig, Ted and Simon are the only ones who'll get that.)

1 comment:

Electric Chikken said...

Oh, you know...the suicide booth HAS become a cultural phemomenon...

At least in my little world, but that could hardly be considered a *culture*.