Monday, August 01, 2005

And now I feel like a moron.

I called Insight, because the bastards hadn't sent me my group certificate so I can do my tax (well, so Tanja can do my tax, but still). I think about it all morning, trying to remember the exact dates I worked there (I think May to early November) and my ID number (2399? 2398? Anyone? Bueller?), and what their number was. I finally check the white pages, get the faxline, check again, finally get the number. I get a female voice I don't recognize who identifies herself as "Leer", and I run down the situation (without mentioning my name, I add), finishing with "...and I'd like my group certificate, so how would I go about getting that?" The voice goes "Well, we could send it to you, or, if you're Lucas, you could always come pick it up." It's Leah. Former hanger-outer with the rest of us idiots. I didn't recognize her. I still don't recognize her. So I tell her to send it to me, and then give my address, and get the hell off the phone. I stand still for ten seconds, before realizing that it was Leah, and then I feel like a schmuck, as I was rude and abrupt to a former aquaintance I haven't spoken to in months. Bugger. So now I'm here. A moron.

2 comments:

Taqwa said...

Hey yeah.. i should get that thing too.. to hell with that though, i can probably get ted to get it for me.. saves me having to talk to Leah! (mostly because of the whole thing with her, paul, me.. and yeah.. kinda messy after that)

Electric Chikken said...

Guys...you're getting 'em yourselves...they will not give them to people that don't have their names on 'em, they can't make any copies.

Also, I don't know what either of your IDs were, but they were past the 2-4-something-something stage.

And Lucas...she'll forgive ya. Blame jetlag and the fear of calling a past workplace, she'll understand.

Or maybe she won't :-P