Monday, April 27, 2009

Comical

I'm worried about the in-progress Scott Pilgrim movie. Not a big, angry, comic-book-nerd worry, like some people had for Watchmen. More like a little, quiet, deep-in-the-stomach worry, like the kind you get when you watch someone toss and catch an egg, or try to fix a TV by thumping it, or try to ride a bike for the first time. I've complete faith in Edgar Wright, but I just don't know. I don't know if they'll capture what I love about Scott Pilgrim the Comic in their quest to make the next Juno or whatever. I see stuff on the Oni Press site, or on Bryan Lee O'Malley's blog or Twitter and I get the worry: a little "nyeeeeeaah" feeling, like when you see someone balancing on an edge and you're worried for them.

1 comment:

dooga said...

I know exactly whatcha mean. But I get comic-nerd angry when they butcher the source material.