Thursday, June 05, 2008

Unreliably Immune

So it's now 7 full days that I've been sick. Not just "I feel a bit off" sick but more like "waking up at 3am coughing and chowing down on Strepsils like candy so I can go back to sleep" sick. In that time I've taken three days off work. Two more were taken by annual leave. Damnit, body, this is unacceptable. Sort your shit out! This is the longest time I've been sick since high school. Usually, I get a bit sniffly on day 1, am sick for day 2, then am fine by day 3 (although I've usually passed it to Tanja at this point, who stays sick for 2 weeks). It's the benefit of a good immune system. But that's seemingly not WORKing now!

Also, in that 7 days, I haven't gone to the gym at all in 6 days. I went the first day, but found I couldn't breathe right because of my throat. And as of today I feel like I've gone right back to as fat-feeling as I was 5 weeks ago. 5 weeks to get fitter, 1 week to ruin it. Go me.

1 comment:

dooga said...

So you're healthy again now?