Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's been a funny sort of day.

And it's only 11:37.

Woke up, was ready and prepared nice and early, then got a call from my dad, who was trying to burn a CD on his laptop. After ten minutes of me going through it with him, we realised his CDs were defective. We then spent a further 20 minutes gonig through how to remove and add files to his flashdrive. So I went from way early to leaving just barely on time.

The reason I wanted to leave early was that a parcel had arrived at the post office. I had ordered this from eBay:

Dad paid for it. I bought it on the 14th, and they had shipped it from Japan by yesterday. Those Japanese are industrious. At least their postal workers are. So I picked it up. Then I stopped by Better Read Than Dead to look for the third His Dark materials book. See, I bought the first one isn a cool format, then had to buy the second one in a different format. But this time they had the second and third in the good format. So I got those, then took a bus into work.

I was expecting to be on the phones today, so got there nice and early. Turns out I'm on back-of-house instead. Woo hoo! For those out of the loop, that means data entry and order fixing, without having to be on the phone. It's much better.

So then I set up my Prime. It's glorious. It's awesome. It's attracting the attention of every nerd in the room. And it's got a different plug.

FUCK.

It's ok, though, I have an AC/DC adapter at home.

So then I go to buy coffee for me and Adrian from the stand by Central. I order, I wait. Two strong flat whites, two sugars and a caramel shot each. Comes to $7.20. I give him a ten, say "Just make it eight." He look startled. "Are you sure?" I say "Well, yeah." He then goes. "Oh, here. have this too, for the wait." and gives me a piece of raspberry bread. Huh. Goes to show. Always tip your barista.

Even Steven's back, baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE that has to be the awesomestest raddestest ipod dock ever. ev0r, even.

but uh. . .can has borrows His Dark Materials books? not what i normally read but a friend made me read the first one and now i are addicted.

-seh-sull

Tanja aka Tanjerine said...

Your dad can be an annoying old fart.

"What?! You have to go to work? Fuck that, I have a use for you right now."

Oh well, he is a baby boomer - part of the 'it's all about me' generation.