Monday, July 23, 2007

Lost Highway of Dooooom

After getting a $20 iTunes voucher from Maxine Kauter for taking pictures at her gig (which was really nice of her), I made a bunch of iTunes purchases. About 90% were from the pages of two issues of Mojo and one issue of Q that I've bought over the past month or so. Most of the ones from the magazines I'd never heard before, so I was downloading blind. I just got the ones whose descriptions sounded like something I'd enjoy.
And I learned something.
I'm a moody atmospheric bugger.

I learned this because I listened to the list on the way to work today. Here's the playlist, for those of you who care:

  • Gloria - Patti Smith
  • Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan (in honour of Maxine, who covered this beautifully at her show)
  • Fiery Crash - Andrew Bird
  • Chills & Fever - Jack O and the Tennessee Tearjerkers
  • Dirty Nails - Jack O and the Tennessee Tearjerkers
  • Herculean - The Good, The Bad, and The Queen
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - Patti Smith (which is actually really cool)
  • Weapon of Choice - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
  • Ghosts of You And Me - Soulsavers
  • Knocked Up - Kings of Leon
  • No Pussy Blues - Grinderman
  • Get It On - Grinderman

God, played all together like that, it sounds like the soundtrack to a David Lynch movie.

1 comment:

Taqwa said...

You've caught the surly from Adrian. And apparently he's caught the cheerfull from you..