Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Triumph of Cowardice.

I found a Rincewind-like way to beat a level on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Basically, it's one of the long scrolling levels where there are waves and waves of bad guys you're meant to clobber through (Craig, Omega Base). If you use Iceman, you can use his ice-slide to slide along the top of the screen all the way to the end of the level. Hooray for sneaky!

Also, a word on showers. You can turn on both handles equally. It'll go mega-hot. You can then increase the cold incrementally three or four time, and it'll stay mega-hot. But then if you just touch the hot tap, it'll go freezing cold. Bad design, I tells ya.

2 comments:

Taqwa said...

.. I think the PS2 version may be different than the Wii version. Im waay past Omega base, but i only just finished the carnival where you play pitfall..

Also, i don't remember anything like that, the nearest thing i can remember is when you get transported to that fake Castle Doom and the wall with the spikes tries to crush you. I didn't think to use iceman (well, that iceman power) for that though.. What? I use spidey dammit!

Lucas said...

Nah, I got this game ages ago, and I beat it then. I'm just now going through it again on Hard mode.

I use Spidey too, and Thor, and Human Torch, but my go-to guys are Ghost Rider, Blade, and Iceman. The spiked wall is not hard. Just use a fast flyer like Thor or Human Torch and fly ahead of it. Your other guys will catch up. Or, well, not.