Wednesday, September 14, 2005

If I was a rich boy... lalalalalalalaaaaa....

I would have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy boooooooy...

Well, you recall my being horribly pissed off by having to pay $50 for my taxes after I was expecting a big payout? Well, Tanja called me at work yesterday to explain that I got a letter from the IRS-equivalent (or would it be an IRS-Compatible? An IRS-Clone?) that said I get $390. Yes! Go free money! In your face, world that usually takes money away from me! First thing I did was pick up the Hitchcock mvoies I need for my film course (you all know about that, right? My Essential Films course at the University? Where I get an excuse to watch movies and give my uneducated opinion to my classmates? We did Film Noir last week, and this week is Hitchcock. We're doing Rear Window, Vertigo and Psycho this Monday. I'm watching Falling Down at the moment, which isn't on the course, but should be, during the week we do Apocalypse Now and Taxi Driver. It'd fit).

Tanja and I went to a birthday party in Darlington for her friend Chantal. It was a superhero fancy-dress thing. I did myself up a Superboy T-shirt (maroon on black) along with studded belt, boots and leather pants, proclaiming myself Superman after he got tired of saving people, got pissed off, really let himself go, and moved to Sin City. There was a more traditional Superman there (in an impressive outfit, cape, briefs and everything), but a guy dressed as The Punisher (the Thomas Jane Punisher, not the Dolph Lundgren Punisher, as he had the skull and didn't sit naked in the sewers talking to himself. I asked.) told me that I was the Superman he'd trust because while the other guy might save him, I'd be sure to beat the shit out of the bad guy. Heh. Tanja was a female Zorro (Zorette? Zorrina? Zorra?) in my black Stetson, mask and a plastic foil. The foil had a bit of chalk on the end, so she could mark things with a Zed. She did too. Doors, bus stops, me, our hostess (in her Wonder Woman outfit too. The Z looked incongrous on the backside of a pair of star-spangled daisy dukes). other luminaries at the party were SuperElmo (girl in red woolly jumper, with a billowy bedsheet), Preacher AKA Captain Pedophile, Cocaine Man (Spangly white cape, white clothes, red briefs who kept bringing us shots of Sambuca), a Lara Croft, a Catwoman, and a couple of Dread Pirate Roberts. Also, Punisher and Normal Superman were both comic nuts, so I got to swing into full geek mode and shoot the shit about whether Ultimate Spiderman WAS the best writing, and if Salvador Larroca was overrated. They were impressed I had Gambit gloves. :) Fun times had by all. Reminds me that Halloween is coming soon. Hooray!

Oh, and we've got a new girl at work, so hopefully fewer closing shifts coming my way.

2 comments:

Taqwa said...

Hazzah, well, not this weekend (this weekend being in 2 days time), but the next weekend, we should get people together for kareoke.. and so i can get neon genesis..


Also, im working and going to a birthday for a guy at work this weekend, so im already busy..

Anonymous said...

Your credit card turned up today too. You know, the one that I'm accountable for, the one that you must be responsible with.

You know, not like the ones that the Feds in Canada are still hunting you down for. [/wink]

~ T