Sunday, October 03, 2004

Tanja's Birthday Lunch

Tanja's folks picked us up this morning and we barreled down the coast to Shellharbour (as we did last year) and this time, instead of getting individual dishes, we decided to grab the $110.00 seafood platter called the Neptune. Hoo boy.

There was calimari, chips, prawn fritters, crab cakes, scallops kilpatrick, barbequed baby octopus, perch fillets, smoked salmon, king prawns, oysters, salad and fruit, plus a whole crab. I think there was an entire Zoidberg in there. Woop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop-woop....
Heh. As we were leaving, we saw a couple who had ordered the same thing staring in horror at the mountain of food. Suckers.
Anyway, I was able to avoid my acute passenger vertigo on the way home by, after a piece of cake and a vanilla latte in Berry, sleeping for half of it. I woke up briefly to see Robert barreling round a hairpin turn in a punding thunderstorm and the circuit breakers in my brain decided to put me back to sleep until we got back to Sydney. Thank god.

1 comment:

Taqwa said...

And in case you dont read your other one:

I have come to the conclusion that Insight is a cult.

See my blog for details.