Monday, October 11, 2004

Man. School projects can suck the larger half of my ass.

Ok, all holiday (the last two weeks) I've been agonizing over the three projects I had due the first week back from holidays...
Project One (for Direct & Promotions Marketing) involved building an IMC campaign for the Mini Cooper involving direct mail, t-shirts, outdoors ads and print. This one involved four other people, two of which I hate working with and the other two whose English isn't great, bless their little hearts. None of these people were get-ahold-able, nor did they try once to get ahold of me. Argh.
Project Two (for Creativity/Copywriting) is a portfolio of ideas for a fictional brand of jeans called "Slam!jeans" from beginning through brainstorming and copywriting to finished campaign involving print, outdoor, TV, radio, and web advertising. This was on my own and was intellectually a lay-up, but manually quite a lot of work, fiddling on the computer to build the ads.
Project Three (for Campaign Testing): is a campaign for Liberty Mutual workcover insurance. It involves an old ad from the 50s which Kozue (one of the non-english speakers from Project One, though a lovely and artistic girl) and I needed to contemporize and sell to people our age. The creatives were a snap and took only a few hour, but the write-up is huge, involving research (two focus groups {already done}, two in-depth interviews {to be conducted} and a questionnaire {in progress}), budgeting (a hateful thing of demons, equations and projections) rationales, and a big written report.
Out of the three, I've worked most on #2 as I needed no more imput than my own opinion. I put a lot of thought into #1, and decided to wait on Monday to start bashing away at #3 (which is due Thursday, and thus came last in priorities).
Well.
Today I got to class, and no one in my Project #1 group had even thought over the project, but luckily, the prof had reviewed the assignment and is giving us a few more weeks to do it. Whew. Then I learned that #2 project is not due tomorrow, but is merely being looked over tomorrow by the prof, and so I don't need the final prints. Slight whew. And worst, #3 is a presentation, and though the creatives don't need to be done until at least Nov. 11th, the written is due Thursday. Bugger. Kozue hadn't done a thing on #3, and it's still due Thursday.
Time to get to work. Well, after supper.
On the plus side, Tanja got me 50 sheets of photo-inkjet paper for 5 bucks less than I expected. Hooray for cheapskates!

3 comments:

Electric Chikken said...

Wow. Stressing over work. TAFE work.

I didn't think TAFE students did that.

Are you sure you're not actually going to a uni that's masquerading as a TAFE?

Taqwa said...

There's a larger half to your ass huh?


Thats one hell of an ass...

Electric Chikken said...

He likes to keep it in a storage container. That is why we have not seen it.