Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Halloweenies

Australians don't celebrate Halloween. And it irks me. I've been trying to organize some kind of Halloween themed night of drinking and fun, but I've been greeted by excuses like "What's Halloween", "It's so-and-so's birthday" or "I'm going to Hong Kong that day." Sigh.

From the looks of things, we're going to be having a moviefest Saturday night at our place and then out to the bar(s) afterwards. Baldrick-level costuming required (i.e. your Charlie Chaplin costume consists of that hat and a slug which you hope to persuade to cling to your upper lip). People coming: Ted, Craig, and MAYBE Anna. So this I press to those reading! Spread the word to folks you trust! We need bodies! Call James! Call Carl! Call everyone! This I command.

Oh, and my Mom thinks I should get all dressed up and go out to the bars anyway, despite the odd looks I'd get which, accoding to Mom, I get anyway. Thanks, Ma.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'll be there!

Okay, you can pretend I'm there. Also, pretend I'm not pregnant, so that I can drink too. Wheeee!

P@ said...

No Halloween in Australia??!!?? That's...unAmerican!

Wow. I'd heard that before, but I somehow managed to repress it until hearing it again. Well, I guess no place can be completely perfect.

Also, "I'm going to Hong Kong that day" is my new favorite excuse. I'll be using that one quite often from now on.