Thursday, September 04, 2008

Busy Doin' Nothing (reposted from The Lucas Letters)

"Ok, so the title is a bit of a misnomer. I've been doing a lot this week, but it's the kind of "a lot" where if ayone sops yu at any one time, you can't really explain why you're looking so harried.

Part of it is due to a course the work has sent us on to make us better at our job. It's one day every four weeks, which is not bad, but there are homework assignments (presentations and formal reports). I was working on one of those for a few nights this week, which was due today. The head trainer did make me feel better, though. He took me aside and straight-out asked me why I wasn't a Team Leader yet as I was "thinking rings around" everyone else in the class and that some people at work were "intimidated by how smart I am". Made me blush.

After "school" today, I got myself a Guzman y Gomez spicy chicken guerrera burrito. I also bought part of Tanja's birthday present.
I'd write more, but it's 11:04pm (and Blogger seemed to swallow my first attempt at writing this). Toodles.

-Lucas"

No comments: