Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'm going to kill something.

Cust called to check when his appointment was for PIK. Advised that Churn is not completed. WSBASL codes still on line. Rapid Churn is TRUE, so they are being removed. Once they are removed, cust must call back and arranged PIK.

I experienced two moments of such anger in the last two days, that I was nearly put to tears. It was that bad. Incandescent rage.

Yesterday, I was playing a newly-acquired Final Fantasy X2, and enjoying it. I was getting used to the controls and getting through the missions quickly. Then I finished a Chapter. I went back to the ship where you save the game. And there was a quest, which really should have been an optional side-mission. But it wasn't. It was essential or the fucking game wouldn't progress. You had to get out of an elevator and push four musicians into it. Three were big and easy to move. The fourth was a little midget. A little, red-capped, hopping-like-a-cymbal-monkey midget.

It took me an hour and fifteen minutes.

The worst thing was that halfway up the hall, there was a camera-switch, which meant you had to change direction on the pad quickly, and you usually lost him. I actually got him all the way to the end once, and then he hopped away.

I roared at the TV. Loud. Scaring Tanja and the neighbours.

This did help, actually, because Tanja saw I was so distressed that she helped me by calling out instructions.

I got it, eventually, but I SAVED that game-bitch after I got past that mission. Twice.

The other moment was this morning, and just to let you know, this makes me come off as vain and self-obsessed.

I have discovered, again with Tanja's help, in the last few days that if I very carefully blow-dry my hair straight on medium-heat, I can hair hair that looks enough like human hair to leave the house with. Without, this is important to say, wearing a hat for 6 hours.

So I blow-dried my hair this morning and it was perfect. I was so proud. Not only did I look like a human, but I had done it without having to wear a hat for 6 hours.

So I walked to work, happily listening to the Diggnation podcast, walking along Cleveland St. Then, between Regent and Abercrombie Sts, a mighty wind struck.

First in front of me, then behind me. A traffic-light-shaking, sign-waving, hair destroying wind. I went from having perfect hair to looking like Keanu Reeves from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. I nearly cried.

I was able to flatten it down a bit when I got to work, but it's a shadow of its former glory. Sigh.

2 comments:

dooga said...

I sympathize with the hair/wind fiasco, truly I do. Used to happen to me all the time when I used to sport a more high maintenance 'do.

Oh, and sorry for not coming out with you guys on Saturday. I come off sounding like a piker, but Tommy and I kinda lost track of time and when we finally got home I was so not into drinking (I know, right?) So next time there are drinkies, I WILL come. Dooga promise.

Taqwa said...

Dude, you're being very un-dude.

Try sporting hair like mine. Much easier on the product. :D