Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Boy, Is My Face Red.

Ok, this morning, Arsenio at the next desk was on the phone near me talking to his Mom, who was apparently saying that one of their friends in Canada had won a million dollars in the lottery. The name “Tom Sturdy” was mentioned. I started to get interested, as Tom is my mother’s boyfriend. I frantically asked where this Tom lived, and was told “somewhere in Ontario”. Meep! I start thinking fast to see what time it was in Canada, and if I could call my mom. I also asked for a short international call from the office manager, who turned me down flat. So I dashed off a quick email to my mother:

“Mom! This guy at the desk next to me was talking to his mother who mentioned that a friend of theirs from Canada “somewhere in Ontario” named Tom Sturdy who is “somewhere in his 50s” won the Canadian lottery for like a million dollars. Is it our Tom? I’m going to explode here!”

Well. After letting me stew for a while, Rebecca the office manager broke the news. Apparantly, sometime after I told my mom about my new job, Tom sent off an email saying “Congratulations on hiring Lucas,” etc. So they decided to mess with me. Argh.

Sure, it was funny. But it would have been funnier had it not been me. I’ll simply have to kill them all.

3 comments:

Electric Chikken said...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!! HAHA!

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAA!!! Oh, my....HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

This is hilarious! They were all in on it except YOU! HAHAHAAHAAA!!!

Now, I'll have to actually read it over again in order to understand what happened, but I felt I needed to laugh like a jackass straight away.

Taqwa said...

Your misfortune is most entertaining to me.

At least i only covered my team leaders desk with helpful Flanders-style post-it notes..

And gave the project manager a wedgie..

Electric Chikken said...

I gotta do that to my manager sometime.