Monday, February 14, 2005

Ups and Downs

New comics, that took forever. Go see. And stuff.

I feel all even-Steven the last few days. Good thing, bad thing, bad thing, good thing, etc.

Examples? Why yes, I do have them.

Upside: In the city the other day, I find Empire Records on DVD, which I've been looking for frantically for the last month. Hurrah, it's only 20 dollars. Downside: it's at HMV, so the Borders gift card I was hoping to use for it is useless. Upside: Tanja likes it, and it inspires her to think of owning a bookstore. Big up. Downside: It's 20 dollars that I wasn't expecting to spend, which knocks my budget for the week all to hell. It leaves me eyeing my finances very carefully, since Craig's birthday bash was to be this Friday. Upside: Craig's management (his mom) has rearranged the party to next week, so no financial worry. Downside: no crazy partying this week. Boo-urns. Upside: We recieve the Criminal Record check from the RCMP in the mail yesterday! Apparantly, despite my history of teenage deliquincy, including throwing coffee creamers at buses and shoplifting chocolate bars, it's clear! Hurrah! No more worrying! I can get my Visa! I can get it to the case officer and he can have my Visa ready in a week or so. BIG FARKING HURRAH! Downside: For the last hour and a half, the people upstairs have been, from the sounds of it, building the miniature of Helm's Deep. It's hammering and grinding and possibly drilling. And maybe welding. All I know is it's drowning out music, new Buffy, and various other things I'm trying to do. And it's like wham, wham, wham, wham, BRRRRAAA-AAAAAA-ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH wham, wham, wham, BRRRRAAA-AAAAA-AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH wham, wham, wham, wham, wham,BRRRRAAA-AAAA-AAARRRRRGGG-GHHHHHH wham, wham, wham, wham etc. Headache makers. Argh.

But hey, the good things are very good, and the bad things are just annoying. So I say I come out on the positive. Go me.

No comments: